Last Modified Date: 19 Jul 2022
Tableau Advanced Management
ResolutionIssues preventing RMT from being uninstalled can be corrected with the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooter using the following steps:
1. Download the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooter
2. Run the downloaded "MircrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diacab" program on the affected machine. Click Next to proceed.
3. The program will then search for any issues and provide a selection for troubleshooting installs or uninstalls. Select Uninstalling.
4. Search for the Tableau Resource Monitoring Tool Agent program in the display list. Select and click Next.
5. The troubleshooter will finish and allow the program to be uninstalled from the Windows Add or Remove Programs option.
If this issue blocked an attempt to install or upgrade RMT, you can now continue.