1. Add all node's "IP Address", "FQDN" and "hostname" to the hosts file for all nodes.
Following example is a 3-node environment.
The hosts file can be found in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"
<IP Address node1> <FQDN node1> <hostname node1>
<IP Address node2> <FQDN node2> <hostname node2>
<IP Address node3> <FQDN node3> <hostname node3>
The following commands can be used to confirm the needed information.
- ipconfig - Find the IP Address and NIC with DNS suffix.
- net config workstation - Show the FQDN (Full Computer Name)
- hostname - Show the hostname (Computer Name)
2. Set the NIC with the public DNS suffix to the highest priority (lowest metrics value) for all nodes. For detailed instructions see Assign metrics for each network interface.
The following command can be used to check the priority before and after the configuration.
- netsh interface ipv4 show interface
3. Perform a Tableau Server restart (tsm restart)