If the above solutions didn't resolve the issue, try the following troubleshooting options:
- Check whether a firewall is blocking network traffic to the licensing server. Anti-Virus such as McAfee commonly enables its own firewall.
- Check that Port 27000 is available.
- Check that system date and time are correct.
- Make sure to run Manage Product Keys as administrator.
- If you are connected to a VPN, disable the VPN before activating the license key. The VPN can be enabled after you activate the license.
- Both services should be set to run as System Account.
- Although the error message appears during activation, a record in trusted storage is created. After services are restarted, a key appears on the Manage Product Keys page automatically.
If none of the above solutions or troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, contact Tableau Technical Support and provide the following information:
Related error messages that you might see in log files include:
|lc_checkout return value: -95 (internal code)||tabsrvlic.log or wgserver_lic.log||tablicsrv cannot connect to FLEXnet.|
|Vendor daemon can't talk to lmgrd (License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,491)||tablicsrv.log||tablicsrv cannot connect to FLEXnet.|
|-97 (internal code)||tabsrvlic.log||tablicsrv cannot be started (check Log On As settings in Services)|