IssueWhen running any TSM command, the following error occurs:
Could not connect to TSM Controller at 'https://servername:8850'
Some basic verification steps can be done to confirm it is due to this TSM certificate expiring, and not other possible causes:
- Tableau Server portal is running fine but not TSM WebUI is not accessible
- Running the following commands:
# sudo su -l tableau # systemctl status tabadmincontroller_0It will show the service is active and running, yet still cannot connect to TSM
- Telnet to port 8850 is working as well
# telnet localhost 8850 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'.
- There won't be any new message in /var/opt/tableau/tableau_server/data/tabsvc/logs/tabadmincontroller/tabadmincontroller_node1-0.log
- You will see this error message in ~/.tableau/tsm/tsm.log:
2019-03-15 15:09:57 main : ERROR com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.ServerApi - Exception sending request org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on POST request for "https://localhost.localdomain:8850/api/0.5/login": sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failedThe TSM log may show 'timestamp check failed' as the suffix of the above error message instead of 'validity check failed'.