Try one of the below workaround options.
Step 1: Create a tdc file.
Option 1: Use MySQL driver version 5.3 with Tableau Bridge. For more information see Expand Data Freshness Options by Using Tableau Bridge.
Option 2: Republish the data source with tdc customization to enable native authentication.
1. Open a text editor and copy and paste the below.
<connection-customization class='mysql' enabled='true' version='2019.4'>
<vendor name='mysql' />
<driver name='mysql' />
<customization name='odbc-connect-string-extras' value='DEFAULT_AUTH=mysql_native_password'/>
2. Save the file as mysql.tdc.
3. Copy the file to the following directory: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Datasources
Step 2: Republish the affected content with the tdc file.
1. Download the affected workbook or data source from Tableau Cloud.
2. Open the content in Tableau Desktop on the machine where the tdc file was saved.
3. Click the Data Source tab in the bottom left hand corner.
3. Sign into the database (this creates a connection to the database and triggers the tdc file to be added to the xml).
4. Switch back to Sheet 1 in the bottom left hand corner.
5. Save the content.
For a data source:
In Tableau Desktop, select Data menu > At the bottom hover over the data source name until another menu appears > select Add to Saved Data Sources.
Save the data source somewhere where it will be easy to access like the Desktop.
Save as a .tds file.
For a workbook:
In Tableau Desktop, select File > Save As.
Save the workbook somewhere where it will be easy to access like the Desktop.
Save as a .twb file.
6. Close Tableau Desktop.
7. Open a text editor like notepad, drag the .tds or .twb file just saved to the Desktop into notepad, the xml for the data source should appear.
8. Search for and find all the lines that say:
<connection-customization class='mysql' enabled='false' version='18.1'>
9. Change false to true.
10. Save the file.
11. Double click the .tds or .twb file on the Desktop to open the file in Tableau Desktop.
12. Republish the content to Tableau Cloud.