Last Modified Date: 15 May 2020
Option 1: UpgradeUpgrade to the most recent version of Tableau Desktop.
- Click here for downloads of current and previous versions of Tableau Desktop: Tableau Desktop Downloads and Release Notes.
- For more information on current releases, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop and Desktop Upgrade.
Option 2: Add dynamic hyperlinks to the tooltip
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop, and navigate to Worksheet > Actions.
- Select Add action > URL.
- In the Add URL Action dialog box, do the following, and then click OK:
- Name the action.
- For URL, insert a URL similar to one of the following:
- Click the arrow to the right of the URL, and then select the dimension that contains the desired search terms.
Option 3: Use custom shape files as floating objects
CauseThe ability to add images to tooltips was added in Tableau Desktop 10.5.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials