Last Modified Date: 02 Jan 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
ResolutionAs a possible workaround for the "Non-Null Values" text, use a calculated field rather than the Special filter to remove null date values. The below steps can be viewed in the attached workbook NullDates_Filter.twbx (using Sample Superstore).
- Create a calculated field named "Remove Null Order Dates".
- In the calculation pane enter a formula similar to: ISNULL([Order Date])
- Click Ok.
- Drag this pill to the Filters card.
- In the pop-up Edit Filter window, select "False" only and select Ok.
- All null dates should now be removed from the view.
- Drag the Order dates pill to the Filter card.
- Right-click the pill and select "Show filter".
- Display this worksheet in a Dashboard and export the view in .png format. The date range will now display as expected.
CauseThis behavior is by design.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials