Last Modified Date: 17 Apr 2019
EnvironmentTableau Desktop Personal Edition
ResolutionContact your Account Manager or your Sales Representative to upgrade your Tableau Desktop product to a newer license.
Tableau Desktop Personal Edition only allows connections to the following types of data sources (in alphabetical order):
- Box (starting from version 10.5)
- Dropbox (starting from version 10.3)
- Google Drive (starting from version 2019.1)
- Google Sheets
- Microsoft Access 2007 or later (Windows only)
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or later
- OneDrive (starting from version 10.3)
- PDF (startingfrom version 10.3)
- Spatial files
- Statistical Files
- Tableau Data Extract (including .hyper files from version 10.5)
- Tableau Datasources and Packaged workbooks (.twb ; .twbx ; .tds ; .tdsx)
- Text files
- Web Data Connector
Additional InformationTo verify which edition you have, open Tableau Desktop, and select Help > About Tableau.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials