Last Modified Date: 01 Nov 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Dashboard Filter Action
- Dashboard with more than one worksheet
ResolutionCreate a Filter Action that uses the dropdown menu to specify the source sheet as the target sheet.
- Select the source sheet and click Dashboard > Actions
- Click Add Action > Filter
- For Source Sheets, check the checkbox for the desired source sheet
- For Target Sheets, select the source sheet from the dropdown menu
- Click OK in each Dialog box to return to the dashboard
CauseBy design, Filter Actions do not filter the source by checking the source sheet in a list of sheets. This prevents accidentally filtering the source sheet.
Additional InformationPlease note, this method may require making multiple Filter Actions to ensure all desired sheets are filtered.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials