Last Modified Date: 30 Jan 2024
- Tableau Server
- All Browser
- Tableau Desktop
- Windows 10 or higher
ResolutionIf the installed fonts are only rendered correctly in Edit mode on Tableau Server but not in display mode, change the default font setting on the web browser.
Google Chrome Browser > Settings or Options > Font Settings > Change the "Standard font" to desired Font.
CauseThe web browser fails to recognize the display the custom font correctly on Windows.
Additional InformationInstall the font in Desktop and Change the "Standard font" in Chrome settings to Desired or to the font seeing issues with
Follow these steps to Publish the Workbook with custom Font
- Create workbook in Tableau Desktop where the custom font is installed and used in worksheets.
- Ensure Custom Font is installed on the Tableau Server on all Nodes.
- Publish Workbook to Tableau Server.
- Workbooks will display on Tableau Server Explore screen with custom font
- Workbook will display with custom font when opened in Tableau Desktop if font is installed on local machine.
- Ensure Web Edit client machine has custom font installed.
- Open workbook in Web Edit and edit as desired with custom font listed in Choose Font dialogue box.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials