Last Modified Date: 11 Feb 2020
ResolutionTry one of the following workarounds:
- Increase the transparency of the map so a background map is more visible.
- Place a third level of geography on color, such as Cities colored by State.
- Create an image of one of the map layers to use as a background image. Note, this solution will not work when connecting to shape files. See Use Background Images in Your Views
- Add one of the map layers to Mapbox or a WMS server to use as a background map. See Use Mapbox Maps or Use Web Map Service (WMS) Servers.
- Try the following unsupported workarounds suggested by third party sites:
- Create multiple custom map layers in Mapbox that you can toggle on and off in Tableau
- Fast and Fabulous Custom Maps using Mapbox in Tableau
- Although we make every effort to ensure links to external websites are accurate, up to date, and relevant, Tableau cannot take responsibility for the accuracy or freshness of pages maintained by external providers. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
CauseThe ability to create a map with more than two axes is not currently available in Tableau Desktop.
To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Overlay multiple maps into a single map view on a Dashboard
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials