Last Modified Date: 28 Jan 2019
Create the parameter
- In the Parameters pane, right-click and select Create > Parameter....
- For Data Type, select String.
- For Allowable values, select List.
- In the List of values add the dimension members of the desired field to be filtered.
- Click Click to add new value to manually add the value "All".
Create a calculated field
- Navigate to Analysis > Create calculated field....
- Enter a formula similar to the following:
[Dimension to be Filtered] = [Parameter] OR [Parameter] = 'All').
- Drag the new calculated field to the Filters shelf and select True.
Additional InformationThis calculation can also be added as a condition in a dimension filter, which is a way to use this solution when connecting to OLAP datasources
More information at Filtering With Parameters Community thread.
For additional workarounds, see the following third party articles:
- Add an All to a parameter in Tableau
- Tableau Tip: Adding an “All” filter option to a string parameter
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials