Last Modified Date: 02 Feb 2018
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Bridge
Option 1:Install and run Tableau Bridge on the same computer you publish data from.
Option 2:If you are unable to install Tableau Bridge on your computer, the owner of the account running the Tableau Bridge client will need to schedule the extract refresh.
- A publisher creates a new data source in Tableau Desktop and publishes it to Tableau Online.
- The publisher contacts the Bridge owner to request an update schedule.
- The Bridge owner makes themselves the owner of the data source via Change Owner.
Note: The above step is only necessary if the Bridge owner is not a site admin.
- The Bridge owner navigates to the Refresh Schedules tab and changes "Refresh On" from Tableau Online to the name of the computer where Tableau Bridge is installed.
- The Bridge owner sets a refresh schedule.
CauseYou must be the owner of a Tableau Bridge client to assign an extract refresh to it.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials