Last Modified Date: 22 Sep 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
- In the application where the image appears blurry, adjust the size of the image until the appearance improves.
- Increase the dashboard size in Tableau Desktop.
- Export the image to PNG.
- Insert the saved image into the desired application.
- Adjust the size as necessary.
Option 3Turn off picture compression in the application. For more information, see Turn off picture compression at Microsoft Support.
CauseThe third-party application automatically resized the inserted image, causing it to appear blurry or distorted.
- PNG images tend to have higher resolution than other image file types.
- Microsoft Word increases the size of the image in order to fill the space in the Word document.
- For a more thorough discussion about creating high resolution graphics of Tableau visualizations see How to Create Vector Graphics and High Resolution Images of your Tableau Visualizations.
- If you are using PowerPoint to create presentation slides, consider using the Export to PowerPoint feature, which was introduced in Tableau 2019.1. Please note that the PowerPoint (1600x900) dashboard size option should be selected to optimize your workbook images for PowerPoint.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials