Last Modified Date: 09 May 2017
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 10.0 and later versions
Option 1Upgrade to Tableau Desktop 10.1.3. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop.
Option 2There is a workaround that should unblock customers until we get a fix:
- Turn off Connected clients on the server:
- In a browser, log into server as an administrator.
- In the top toolbar, click Default > Manage All Sites
- In the top toolbar, click Settings.
- Under Connected clients, deselect Allow clients to automatically connect to Tableau Server.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
- To switch sites in Tableau Desktop, click Server > signed in to <myServer> > Sign into another server.
- Enter the name of the server you're currently logged into and click Connect.
- You will be prompted to sign in again, and can select the new site in the connection UI.
CauseYou attempted to sign into a different Tableau Server site in Tableau Desktop, when Tableau Server was configured to use a non-standard port. This behavior was related to a known issue (ID: 578531) and it was fixed in a recent version of Tableau Desktop.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials