Last Modified Date: 14 Jan 2021
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Online
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Verify if there are alternate layouts (Tablet, Phone, or Desktop) in addition to your Default layout.
- Click through all the layouts to find if there is a layout that differentiates from the default layout.
- Either remove or update the layout (either Tablet, Phone, or Desktop) that is different from the default view, so that it matches the default view.
- Re-publish the workbook over the affected workbook in order to update it and correct the issue.
As described in the below picture, the "Desktop" layout is different than the "Default" layout, and contains no content. Therefore, when it is published to Tableau Server or Tableau Online, and viewed on a Desktop machine, the view will appear blank. The Tableau Desktop view with content accidentally removed or different:
After clicking the Default view option, you will see the default view or dashboard in Tableau Desktop normally:
After the workbook is published to Tableau Server or Online, the Desktop view is the view that Tableau Serve or Tableau Online defaults to, and appears blank as a result. If the content is different in that view, it appears different or is missing content such as filters or data in Tableau Server or Tableau Online depending on which device is used to view it.