Last Modified Date: 25 Jul 2018
Option 1Add the dimensions of the field you want to display to the Details Marks card.
Option 2Use the dimensions elsewhere in the view to ensure that the marks are at the same level of detail.
The following instructions uses the sample data set Superstore to create a list of containers for each department, and can be reviewed in the attached workbook located on the right side of this page.
Step 1: Create the Calculations
- Create a calculated field with a name like "Filtered Containers Feeder" with a calculation similar to the following:
IF FIRST()= 0
ELSEIF MIN([Container]) != LOOKUP( MIN([Container]), -1 )
THEN PREVIOUS_VALUE("") + ", " + MIN([Container])
- Create a calculated field with a name like "Filtered Containers for Tooltip" with a calculation similar to the following:
IF LAST() = 0
THEN [Filtered Containers Feeder]
Edit calculated fields in the attached workbook for additional notes about how these calculations work.
Step 2: Create the View
- Drag [Department] to the Rows shelf
- Drag [Sales] to the Columns shelf
- Drag [Container] to Color on the marks card
Note: [Container] must be included in the view for the calculations to work correctly. If the final view should not include the dimension being listed in the tooltip, see the "Adv Option 1" tab for additional instructions
- Drag [Filtered Containers for Tooltip] to Tooltip on the marks card
- Right-click [Filtered Containers for Tooltip] on Tooltip and select Compute Using > Container
CauseDimensions are added to the tooltip using the ATTR aggregation. The asterisk is actually a visual indicator of a special type of Null value that occurs when there are multiple members that apply to the mark.
Additional InformationWhen using data blending, asterisks are typically displayed when there are more than one matching member in the secondary dimension for each mark.
To voice your support for the inclusion of this enhancement in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: List all instances of a dimension or measure
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials