To resolve the issue due to Server secrets being corrupt from a previous attempt to regenerate internal tokens, run the following command again:
tsm security regenerate-internal-tokens
As discussed in the Tableau Online Help, it is recommended to have an odd number of Elastic Server processes or Index and Search Server processes running in total.
On the cluster perform the following:
If the ask data comes back up on the primary node, then you can apply new indexandserchserver processes to the other nodes in the cluster but remember it is recommended to have an odd number of Elastic Server or Index and Search Server processing running in total.
- Stop Tableau Server then perform steps 2-4 on each node.
- On each node navigate to C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\indexandsearchserver\0\nodes\0\
- Zip the contents of this folder (select and then zip the two folders, "_state" and "indices", contained within) as "_state<node number here>".zip
- Leave the zip in the nodes\0\ folder and then delete the "_state" and "indices" folders.
- In the TSM UI, remove indexandsearchserver from the other nodes, leaving the process only on the master node.
- Apply-pending changes
- Start Tableau Server