Last Modified Date: 15 Mar 2022
- Tableau Server 2018.2.2
- Windows Server
- The resolution is to ensure that the Firewall does not block the traffic to Tableau Server.
- Add a Firewall rule to allow traffic between Tableau Servers, so that the licensing services does not fail to register.
Run tsm topology list-ports from a command line.
Note ports specifically "licenseservice:vendor_daemon". In the firewall create a rule to allow the following tcp connection (on each node): 27000.
Hard code the Licensing Server port using TSM topology set-ports for the node where the "License Service" is installed.
tsm topology set-ports --node-name node1 --port-name licenseservice:vendor_daemon --port-value 27000
Restart licensing services
This error is generic and could be related to different root cause.
The licensed services failed to load and it was due to the nodes not registering properly. (INFO- com.tableausoftware.config.ServiceRegistrationInfoFile shows no registration file found.)
The issue occurs when firewall block Licensing server traffic between windows servers.
To test the issueWindows
- Run tsm topology list-ports.
- look for licenseservice:vendor_daemon (License service vendor daemon port).
- Ensure that the Windows Firewall is not blocking traffic to the ports for the Licensing server.
To check if the port have been set properlyLinux
For more information, see Tableau Services Manager Ports.
sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ":27000"