ResolutionTo resolve this issue, upgrade Tableau Server to v2019.1.13, v2019.2.9, v2019.3.5, v2019.4.4, v2020.1, v2020.2, v2020.3, or greater (all Tableau Server versions v2019 or higher that were released in or after February 2020).
Until an upgrade can be performed, there are two workaround options:
These steps will recover the environment at the time of an incident, and allow Tableau Server to start normally.
- Log into Tableau Sever machine as a local administrator.
- Type the following commands:
These steps provide a longer-term workaround to prevent the issue from occurring again:
1. Use a text editor to open ~tableau/.local/share/systemd/user/fnplicenseservice_0.service
2. Add the line ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 5
3. Save the file and quit from the text editor.