Last Modified Date: 03 Sep 2018
- Tableau Reader
Option 1The more straightforward solution may be to uninstall and re-install Tableau Reader. You can download the installer for the latest version here.
- Right-click any Tableau packaged workbook (.twbx) in File Explorer
- Select Open with > Choose another app
- In the How do you want to open this file? dialog box, select the check box for Always use this app to open .twbx files.
- Select Tableau Reader if it is available.
- Otherwise, select More apps.
- Look for Tableau Reader under Other options.
- Selecting Tableau Reader and then OK should resolve the issue. If you can't find Tableau Reader in the list, go to Step 4
- Select Look for another app on this PC.
- In the Open with... dialog box, navigate to C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Reader <version>\bin\tabreader.exe and then click Open
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 above
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials