Last Modified Date: 24 Mar 2020
- Tableau Desktop
ResolutionA possible workaround to use dual axes of line and circle.
Here are steps demonstrated in the attached workbook.
- Place Order Date to columns and select continuous year.
- Place Sales to rows.
- Place Category to color and right click to set to Attribute.
- Place one more Sales to columns and right click Dual Axis.
- Open SUM(Sales) mark card and remove Category from color.
- Open SUM(Sales)(2) mark card and change mark type to Circle.
- Right click the right Y axis and click Synchronized Axis.
CauseThe ability to fix color separation in a line chart is currently not build in a product.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials