If using Online schedules (pooling), correct the data source file path to use UNC for the file server by performing the following steps:
Note: To confirm the UNC path is recognized for the data source in Tableau Desktop, right-click the data source and select Properties to view the path.
- Download the data source from Tableau Cloud.
- Open the data source in Tableau Desktop.
- Right-click the data source, select Edit Data Source, select the connection and select Edit Connection.
- In the Browse dialog box, and the upper file path field, type the full universal naming convention (UNC) path to the Excel file. For example, D:\datasource.xls has a UNC path that looks like the following: \\server-name\d\datasource.xls, where "server-name" is the name of the file server.
- Select Server > Publish Data Source and publish the data source.
If using Legacy schedules, correct the file path directly within the Tableau Bridge client. See Change the file path for a data source for steps.