ResolutionOption 1: Use parameters to filter the view
Create a filter that uses start and end date parameter. Then replace the original filter with the new filter.
Creating a Filter for Start and End Dates Using Parameters
Option 2: Filter the view with a year date part calculated field
The attached example workbook uses the sample data set Superstore to demonstrate the following directions:
1. Create a calculated field with a name like "Year of Order Date" with a calculation similar to the following:
YEAR( [Order Date] )
2. Right-click [Year of Order Date] in the data pane and select Convert to Continuous
3. Drag [Year of Order Date] to the Filters shelf
4. Click OK to close the Filter dialog
5. Right-click [Year of Order Date] on the Filters shelf and select Show Filter
Please note, this solution works for the year date level because years treated as whole numbers are in the same order as years treated as dates.