After rebooting a Linux server, Tableau Server processes will not start, including tabadmincontroller, even though Tableau Server was running without issues prior to the reboot. There are also the following symptoms:
- Running tsm status -v returns "Could not connect to TSM Controller at '<hostname>:8850'"
- Running top u tableau (assuming "tableau" is the name of the unprivileged user) returns nothing -- there are no processes running under the "tableau" account.
- Running sudo su tableau -l and then systemctl --user status tabadmincontroller_0 returns an error message:
- On CentOS/Red Hat: "Failed to get D-Bus connection: No such file or directory"
- On Ubuntu: "Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory"
- Running ls /run/user/<tableau user ID>/ returns no results -- this folder is empty.