Last Modified Date: 09 Dec 2018
- Tableau Desktop
To view the Windows Event Viewer log file report, follow these steps:
- Click the "Start" button on the machine in question and type “eventvwr” (without the quotation marks) in the Search box.
- A window labeled Event Viewer will open.
- If the "Event Viewer (Local)" folder is not expanded, double-click on the folder icon to expand it.
- If the "Windows Logs" folder is not expanded, double-click on the folder icon to expand it.
- Right-click on "Application" and select "Save All Events As..."
- Chose the "Event Log (*.evtx)" file type, name the file "Application" and enter a save location.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the "Security" and "System" logs, naming the .evt files "Security" and "System" respectively.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials