Last Modified Date: 09 Aug 2017
AnswerCreate a set of parameters and calculated fields to use for the weighted average:
- Right-click the data pane and select Create parameter
- Name the parameter accordingly (ex: "Variable 1 Weight")
- Make sure the data type is "Integer"
- Under allowable values select "List"
- Create a list of values that represent the weight for the parameter (ex: 1-5) and label accordingly.
- Repeat step 1 as necessary for each measure you are creating the weighted average from.
- Show the parameter controls for all of the parameters.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Create a calculated field with a formula like the following:
([Variable 1 Weight]*[Variable 1])+([Variable 2 Weight]*[Variable 2])/([Variable 1 Weight]+[Variable 2]
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials