Last Modified Date: 20 Jan 2019
- Tableau Server
- Amazon Marketplace (AMI)
AnswerIt is not possible to perform an in-place Tableau Server upgrade in AMI. In order to upgrade Tableau Server, a new instance of AMI, with the desired version of Tableau Server, will need to be procured.
- Review the Pre-Upgrade Checklist and ensure that a current backup has been created.
- Start the new instance of AMI, with the desired version of Tableau Server.
- Restore the backup on the new instance. For more information, see Step 3 of New Machine Upgrade - Migrating Existing Content in Upgrading Tableau Server.
- Verify that content restored successfully.
- Decommission the previous instance.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials