Last Modified Date: 29 Aug 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Online
- MS SQL Server and other data servers
- On the data pane, right-click on the extract in the upper left-hand corner and select "Edit Data Source..."
- This will return you to the Data Connection pane.
- Clicking on the Server URL will allow the server URL and credentials to be edited.
- If the extract is published, it will need to be re-published after editing the information.
- Navigate to the published extract in Data Sources within its respective project.
- Click on the "..." icon near the extract name and click on "Edit Connection..."
- You can now change the server and credential information. There is an option to test prior to finalizing the changes.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials