Last Modified Date: 06 Apr 2018
EnvironmentTableau Server 10.5.0 and later versions
To confirm the format of the extract within the packaged data source, open such packaged data source in Tableau Desktop and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the data tab in the workbook.
- Right click the data source
- Select Extract > Select Properties to see the type of file for the extract.
- The .tdsx packaged data source will contain the extract in hyper format if the data source has been refreshed post the 10.5 upgrade.
- Please note that the packaged data source file extension of .tdsx will not change to .hyper when the extract within the packaged data source is updated to use the .hyper extract and this is by design. (The non-packaged .tde files will change to .hyper but the .tdsx is a packaged data source which is a zipped up file that contains the .tde and other files as well).
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials