Last Modified Date: 27 Jul 2018
EnvironmentTableau Server 7.0 - 8.1
Use the following procedure:
- Ensure that your Email Alert setting is configured. For more information, see Alerts and Subscriptions in Tableau Help.
- Stop Tableau Server. For more information, see tabadmin stop in Tableau Help.
- At the command prompt, type
tabadmin startto re-start Tableau Server.
You will receive an email alert if the settings have been configured correctly.
- The email account being used to send the email alert cannot be configured for SSL; SMTP accounts configured with SSL are not supported.
- Three processes that trigger an email alert include the Gateway, Data Engine, and Repository processes.
- To voice your support for the inclusion of a test email feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Ability to test email alert.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials