Last Modified Date: 08 Jun 2018
Step 1: Select the right Support option
- Sign into the Customer Portal using your Tableau username and password.
- On the Customer Portal home page, select one of the two options: Product Support or License Support
- If you select License Support, type and send your question by e-mail.
- If you select Product Support, follow the steps below.
Step 2: Search for existing resources
- Type your question into the search engine, and press Enter. To know more about how to search efficiently, see this tips and tricks page.
- A list of suggested resources will be presented to you.
- Take the time to read and try the steps described in the Product Help guides and Knowledge Base articles.
- If one of the suggested articles resolved your query, click Question Answered. If not, click Continue to Create Case...
Step 3: Filling out the Form
- Edit the Subject as you see fit and add as much information as you can into the Description field such as how many users are impacted by the issue, how the issue is reproduced, and any troubleshooting steps you have already attempted.
- For Type and Type Detail, select the type of issue you're experiencing, such as issues connecting to data, or analyzing views.
- For Impact, describe the impact the issue is having on you.
- Capacity Reduced: Minor functionality of the software is unavailable. You have questions about functionality and understanding of how to use the product. Typical issues would be help with formulas, filters, actions, etc.
- Work Slowed: Minor functionality of the software is unavailable. For example, non-severe performance issues or questions about the results of a calculation.
- Work severely impacted: Major functionality of the software is unavailable. Typical issues would be: unable to publish to Server, unable to connect to primary data source, severe performance issues, unable to synchronize Active Directory, Extract refresh failures, etc.
- Inconvenience: A minor issue with functionality or implementation that you would like Tableau to be aware of, but is not blocking use of the software.
- Concern for deadline: Resolution of the issue is necessary to make a business deadline.
- Feature Request: You would like to see specific functionality added to the product.
Note: The best way to suggest new functionality is to submit an idea through our Community: Community Ideas
- Complete Work Stoppage: You are unable to use the software at all. For example, unable to active or install the software, or the software will not launch.
- Under Case Information, provide information about the environment where the issue is occurring, in which product, which version, which language, and which data sources and operating systems. This information helps Support choose which technician will be best suited to receive your case. .
- When you are finished, click Save.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials