Last Modified Date: 08 Jan 2019
AnswerImages will need to be hosted online for either option below to work.
Option 1 - URL Action
The URL for each image must be stored in your database.
- From the Dashboard pane, drag Web Page onto your dashboard to create a dynamic web page window.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Actions.
- Select Add Action > URL.
- Under Run action on: choose Select.
- Click on the triangle to the right of the URL field and select the name of the column that contains the image URLs.
- Click on OK.
Option 2 - Parameter Selection
- Create a new parameter with a data type of string.
- From the Add from Field button choose the field containing all or part of the URL address that is hosting the images and click OK.
- Open a new Dashboard and show the parameter, Analysis > Parameters > [Parameter Name].
- From the Objects pane in the bottom corner drag a Web Page onto the view.
- In the window that appears there will be an option to enter the Web URL Address,
- If the parameter contains the full URL address then simply insert the parameter from the right hand arrow
- Or, if the parameter contains just part of the URL address, such as the name of the image, then type out the part of the URL address in this window and insert the parameter to complete it, ex. www.hostedimages.com/<parameter>
Additional InformationNote: In order to use the URL field in a dashboard action, it must be present on worksheets in the dashboard.
To voice your support for the inclusion of this enhancement in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Images in a text table
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials