Last Modified Date: 20 Jul 2023
Environment• Tableau Prep
• Mac OS
AnswerIf you can reproduce the error or issue on demand, please start by cleaning the log files. If you cannot reproduce the issue on demand, skip to Step 3.
Step 1: Creating Clean Logs
- Make sure all instances of Tableau Prep are closed.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Prep Repository folder. The location is /Users/<username>/Documents/My Tableau Prep Repository.
- In the My Tableau Prep Repository folder, rename the current Logs folder to Logs_Backup. This effectively archives the outdated logs and will force Tableau Prep to create a new and clean Logs folder when the issue is reproduced in Step 2 below.
Step 2: Reproduce the issue
- Start Tableau Prep and reproduce the issue.
- Take screenshots of any error messages and attach to the support case along with a note indicating date and time when the issue occurred.
Step 3: Packaging and Sending Logs
- Close Tableau Prep. This step ensures that all errors are recorded in the log file.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Prep Repository folder.
Mac: Ctrl-click the Logs folder, and select Compress “Logs”.
Windows: Right-click the Logs folder, and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Send the resulting .zip archive to Tableau Technical Support.
If the file is larger than 5MB, see Sending Large Files.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials