Last Modified Date: 28 Aug 2018
- Tableau Bridge 2018.2 and later
AnswerIf you can reproduce the error or issue on demand, please start by cleaning the log files. If you cannot reproduce the issue on demand, skip to Step 3.
Step 1: Creating Clean Logs
- Close all Tableau Bridge instances on the computer if possible. Note: If the Bridge is in Service mode, please change the Bridge to Application mode before exiting to ensure all Bridge processes are stopped.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Bridge Repository folder at /Users/<username>/Documents/My Tableau Bridge Repository.
- In the My Tableau Bridge Repository folder, rename the current Logs folder to Logs_Backup. This effectively archives the outdated logs and will force Tableau Bridge to create a new and clean Logs folder when the issue is reproduced in Step 2 below.
Step 2: Reproduce the issue
- Start Tableau Bridge and reproduce the issue.
- Take screenshots of any error messages and attach to the support case along with a note indicating date and time when the issue occurred.
Step 3: Packaging and Sending Logs
- Close all Tableau Bridge sessions that are open on your computer. This step ensures that all errors are recorded in the log file.
- Navigate to the My Tableau Bridge Repository folder.
Windows: Right-click the Logs folder, and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Send the resulting .zip archive to Tableau Technical Support.
If the file is larger than 5MB, see Sending Large Files.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials