Last Modified Date: 19 May 2022
- Tableau Online
- Set the user site role to something other than unlicensed.
- Use the reset password option to send a password reset email to the affected user.
- Go to https://id.tableau.com/register and create a Tableau account with the same email address. An email will be sent to the users email with a link to activate the account*. If the account is successfully activated, the user can go to https://online.tableau.com to login.
*If the Tableau ID account already exists, an email will be sent to reset the password.
- Remove and re-add the user in Tableau Online
- Sign in to Tableau Online as an administrator.
- Select Admin > Users.
- Select the user names, and then click Delete.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Users dialog box, do the following, and then click OK:
- Select an authentication mode for the customer.
- For Enter Email Addresses, enter the email addresses of the user.
- For Site role, select the site role for that user.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials