Last Modified Date: 15 Nov 2023
- Tableau Cloud
- Set the user site role to something other than unlicensed.
- Use the reset password option to send a password reset email to the affected user.
- Go to https://id.tableau.com/register and create a Tableau account with the same email address. An email will be sent to the users email with a link to activate the account*. If the account is successfully activated, the user can go to https://online.tableau.com to login.
*If the Tableau ID account already exists, an email will be sent to reset the password.
- Remove and re-add the user in Tableau Cloud
- Sign in to Tableau Cloud as an administrator.
- Select Admin > Users.
- Select the user names, and then click Delete.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Users dialog box, do the following, and then click OK:
- Select an authentication mode for the customer.
- For Enter Email Addresses, enter the email addresses of the user.
- For Site role, select the site role for that user.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials