Last Modified Date: 03 Jan 2019
- Open the workbook and connect to the data source.
- Create an extract of the data source. For more information, see Extracting Data.
- Connect to the Tableau Data Extract file. For more information, see Extract Connection Example.
- Replace the database by Extract (the new data source). For more information, see Replace Data Sources.
- Close the connection to the database. For more information, see Closing Data Sources.
- Save the workbook as a packaged workbook (.twbx). For more information, see Packaged Workbooks.
Workbooks retain connection information (servername, database name, username) in order to refresh data extracts. Creating an extract and then connecting to that .tde file will remove the connection information from the workbook.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials