Last Modified Date: 19 Jan 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Custom Geocoding
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Change all data connections in the workbook to live connections. See Use Extracts for more information.
- Save the workbook as a Tableau Workbook (.twb). See Save Your Work for more information.
- Reopen the workbook, and generate a new extract. See Extract Your Data for more information.
- Save the workbook as a Packaged Workbook (*.twbx).
Additional InformationWhen you save your workbook as a Packaged Workbook (*.twbx) on a computer which has custom geocoding, the geocoding data is packaged with the workbook. Saving the workbook as a Tableau Workbook (*.twb) will discard any custom geocoding from the workbook.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials