Last Modified Date: 17 Jan 2019
AnswerThe following steps can aid in reducing packaged workbook size:
- Keep the number of worksheets and dashboards to a minimum.
- Reduce the complexity of individual worksheets.
- Remove geographic roles from fields which are not used for mapping.
- Optimize and index your database prior to extracting data.
- Filter the extract to only the data required for displaying your visualizations.
- Aggregate data to visible dimensions.
- Hide unused fields.
Packaged workbooks are comprised of several components, all of which can increase the final file size:
- The workbook (.twb), which is an XML file that tells Tableau Desktop how many views are in the workbook and how each view is constructed.
- The data extract or data file (if working with Excel, text, CSV, etc.).
- Geographic data and Custom Geocoding.
- Image files from Custom Shapes or images added to a dashboard.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials