Last Modified Date: 10 Jan 2019
- Tableau Desktop 10.1.3
- Open Tableau Desktop with the Data Source Extract connection.
- Note: If you are not already logged into Tableau Online, also log into Tableau Online.
- Click on a Sheet tab in Tableau Desktop.
- Verify that the data source is an extract by checking for the two-cylinder icon next to the data source name.
- Click Data in the top menu bar at the Sheet level.
- Hover over the name of the data source extract in the Data menu and select Publish to Server.
- In the Publish Data Source to Tableau Online dialog box, select the desired options and select Publish.
Additional InformationWhen publishing a data source from the Data Source page in Tableau Desktop, the live data source connection will be published. To publish the extract, publish from the Sheet level in Tableau Desktop.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials