Last Modified Date: 30 Oct 2023
AnswerExclude the following Tableau Server folders, and all sub-folders, from on-access (active, continuous) antivirus scanning while Tableau Server is running. Instead, scan the Tableau Server directories while the Tableau Server is stopped or otherwise not in use.
Tableau Server program folder:
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server (Windows)
- /opt/tableau/tableau_server (Linux)
C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data (Windows)
- /var/opt/tableau/tableau_server (Linux)
It is also possible to install to Linux with a non-default path as described in the Tableau Online Help to Install and Initialize TSM. Non-default data directory Linux path information is included in the Help Output for initialize-tsm Script.
- If your Tableau Server is not installed in the default drive, substitute the appropriate location in the above instructions. For example, if your Tableau Server installation is in
D:\Tableau, then excluding the following folder
D:\Tableau\Tableau Serveris sufficient.
- Experiences may vary with different antivirus software.
- Deactivate the antivirus software temporarily to eliminate or confirm the antivirus software as a cause of the performance issues.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials