Last Modified Date: 08 Oct 2021
- Tableau Desktop
AnswerThe following steps are demonstrated in the attached workbook using the Sample -Superstore data source.
- Create a parameter named Max of Axis with the following settings.
- Data type: Integer
- Current Value: enter the preferable maximum value of axes.
- Allowable values: All
- Click Analysis > Create Calculated Field to create the Reference Line calculated field including the following formula.
MAX([Max of Axis])
- Place Profit to columns, Segment to rows, and Reference Line to details.
- Right-click the axis > Add Reference Line with the following settings.
- Scope: Per Pane
- Value: AGG(Reference Line), Maximum
- Labe: None
- Tooltip: None
- Line: None
- Right-click the Max of Axis parameter > Show Parameter.
- Open a new sheet and place Sales to columns, Ship Mode to rows, and Reference Line to details.
- Right-click the axis > Add Reference Line with the same settings of step 4.
- Open a new dashboard and place Sheet 1 and Sheet 2.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials