How To Manually Calculate Standard Deviation Showed By Distribution
18 May 2021
Last Modified Date:
19 May 2021
How to manually calculate standard deviation showed by distribution
1. Create following calculations:
*Please replace the number 3 by your desired factor
*Please use WINDOW_STDEVP instead of WINDOW_STDEV if you want to calculate population instead of sample
2. Drag [Measure Names] to Filters then select [+3α] and [-3α]
3. Drag [Order Date] to Detail and click on + mark of YEAR(Order Date)
4. Click on + mark of QUARTER(Order Date)
5. Remove QUARTER(Order Date)
6. Drag [Measure Names] to Rows
7. Drag [Measure Values] to Text
8. Right click on [+3α] in Measure Values card > Compute Using > Order Date
9. Right click on [-3α] in Measure Values card > Compute Using > Order Date
10. Create following calculation:
11. Drag [filter] to Filters
12. Right click on [filter] in Filters card > Compute Using > Order Date then select True
Did this article resolve the issue?
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Click here to return to our Support page.
Open new Case
Open a new case
Click here to go to our Support page.
Get detailed answers and how-to step-by-step instructions for your issues and technical questions.
Find and share solutions with our active community through forums, user groups and ideas.
Browse a complete list of product manuals and guides. Available online, offline and PDF formats.
Training and Tutorials
Learn how to master Tableau’s products with our on-demand, live or class room training.
PRINT THIS PAGE
SUPPORT BY PRODUCT
TOOLS & DOWNLOADS
Download Tableau Desktop & Server
Tableau Online & Public Status
Send Large Files
All Tech Specs
Elite Account Management