How to Highlight Data Based on the Selection of Another Worksheet
Published: 27 Oct 2021 Last Modified Date: 27 Oct 2021
How to highlight data on one worksheet based on the selections from another worksheet on the dashboard.
Use Set Action Please refer to the steps below and find the attached sample workbook "HighlightDataExample.twbx" for more details.
1. Create a set [1. Category Set] from [Category] field (1) Right click on [Category] and click [Create]>[Set] on menu. * - [Create Sets]
(2) On the editing window of Set, click on [All] button to select all members and click [OK] to save the changes.
2. Create a calculation field :[2. Subcategory Related to Selected Category] IF [1. Category Set] THEN [Sub-Category] END
3. Create a calculation field : [3. Highlight Option] IF ISNULL([2. Subcategory Related to Selected Category]) THEN "Blue" ELSE "Orange" END
4. Move to Dashboards. (1) Click on menu [Dashboard] > [Actions] (2) Click on [Add Action] > [Change Set Values] on Actions Editing page (3) Set the options like below - Name: Set Action - Source Sheets: SourceSheet - Target Set: 1. Category Set - Running the action will: Assign values to set - Clearing the selection will: Remove all values from set. * -[Create a Set Action]
5. Move to [TargetSheet] worksheet (1) Add [3. Highlight Option] to Color mark card (2) Edit the color legend.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.