Published: 14 Sep 2022 Last Modified Date: 14 Sep 2022
How to highlight an entire view in a crosstab
1. Create a parameter Name: Select a category Date type: String List of values: click on [Add values from] >select [category] from the list
2. Create a calculation field named [Color a row] formula: [Select a category]=[Category]
3. Add [Color a row] as the first column to the left to Rows shelf.
4. Format Shading by clicking on the menu [Format] > [Shading] on the tab of [Sheet], under "Row banging" (1) Select desired color under "Pane" and "Header" menu. (2) Set “Level” to 0 and “Band size” to 1
5. Hide the header by right clicking on "Color a row" on Rows shelf and uncheck the "Show Header".
6. Show parameter by right clicking on [Select a category]
7. Select a category to check the highlight condition.
*Please check the attached "Sample.twbx" for further details.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.