Last Modified Date: 28 Sep 2020
- Tableau Desktop
- Windows 10
AnswerSteps to activate a Tableau Desktop product key using a different email address than previously used to activate the key:
- Open Tableau Desktop, choose Help from the main menu > Manage Product Keys.
- In the Manage Product Keys window, highlight the key by clicking on the product key field.
- Copy the key and paste in a location such as Notepad for your future use.
- In the Manage Product Keys window, select Deactivate.
- This message will appear: You have deactivated all licenses for this product on this machine. The product will no longer function until you activate another license.
- Exit the message to return to the Manage Product Keys window.
- Close Tableau Desktop.
- Reopen Tableau Desktop.
- A Registration window will appear in which you may update your email address.
- Click Activate.
- When prompted, enter your Tableau Desktop product key that had been copied in Step 3 above.
- For each version, verify that the desired email address is entered and select OK.
- A window that shows, Registration/Start using the product./Registration completed./Continue will appear.
- Select Continue.
Additional InformationIf you receive a message window to begin a trial of Tableau Desktop, use the 'Activate Tableau' hyperlink which appears next to the text, Have a product key?, at the top on the window.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials