Last Modified Date: 28 Feb 2022
- Tableau Desktop
1. Connect to Sample - Superstore.
* The record is replaced by the year 2022.
2. Drag [Sales] to Rows from Data pane.
3. While right-clicking , drag [Order Date] to Columns from Data pane.
4. Select "MDY(Order Date)".
5. Create new Calculated Field as following.
Name : Select target date
Calculation : IF [Order Date] >= MAKEDATE(2022,2,1) AND [Order Date] < TODAY()
THEN [Order Date]
6. Drag [Select target date] to Filter Pane from Data Pane.
7. Select "Month / Day / Year".
8. Check the "NULL" and the box for Exclude.
Note: Specific date 2022/02/01
Since Sample -Superstore only has data up to the year 2021, the record for 2021 is replaced with 2022.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials