Last Modified Date: 11 Apr 2022
- Tableau Desktop
AnswerThe steps below are to calculate the average of the top 10% of sales per Customer Name.
1. Connect to Sample -Superstore.
2. Create a new Calculated Field as following setting.
Name : Top10
Calculation : INDEX() <= INT(SIZE()/10)
//This is Table Calculation Filter to narrow down the Top10%.
3. Create a new Calculated Field like below.
Name : Top10_Average
Calculation :if first()=0 then
window_avg ( if [Top10] then
4. Drag [Customer Name] to Detail.
5. Drag [Top10_Average] to Text.
6. Right-click on [Customer Name] in Mark Card > Sort > Setting as following.
7. Right-click on [Top10_Average] in Mark Card > Edit Table Calculation > Setting as following.
You would see Top 10 averages
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials