Last Modified Date: 08 Jan 2019
Option 1: Create a duplicate data source with fewer measures
- In the Data pane, right-click the data source, and then select Duplicate.
- Select Worksheet > New Worksheet.
- Using the duplicate data source, rebuild the view on the new sheet.
- Open the Dimensions drop-down menu, and then select Hide All Unused Fields. For more information, see Hide or Unhide Fields in Tableau Help.
- On the Filters shelf, right-click Measure Names, and then select Show Quick Filter.
Option 2: Use a parameter to swap measuresFor detailed instructions, see Example – Swap Measures Using Parameters
Note: this method will create only one column of data that shows the values for the one measure selected in the parameter.
Additional InformationTo voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Limit the Measure Names that appear in Quick Filter.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials